Time is an Interesting Thing
There’s an interesting URL here to Amazon where some of our art is sold – note the copyright assertion on that web-page. It’s not Crawling Chaos! Funny that.
Or take this other Amazon URL – note the copyright assertion on that web-page. It’s not Crawling Chaos! Funny that.
Or take this Apple URL – note the copyright assertion on that web-page. It’s not Crawling Chaos! Funny that.
Or take this other Apple URL – note the copyright assertion on that web-page. It’s not Crawling Chaos! Funny that.
There are more, but Apple and Amazon are the biggest download players… Here are four screenshots of the above, detailed.
Background to this Post
Some folks may know that I live in France… So what, you may ask? The issue, for my communications, is that both web and mobile reception is iffy in my house. I live in the countryside and in a dip, well hidden from gits in a thick stone walled house. The land-line is fine.
I recently had a call on the mobile that cut out (happens a lot) and later I found 2 voice messages. Normal eh? Well sort of…. It was Mr Anthony Chester, or Baaldy Chester as we all referred to him decades ago. Maybe not Gazza, but the rest for sure. :-)
Some years ago in a gesture of faith I removed all the references to him of “Baldy” and changed them to “Anth” – which was how he liked to be known. This was not a bland gesture on my part because at that time I asked for false references and copyright assertions to be removed from the stuff that he’d released without my consultation. (The few folks on the planet who have read these pages may remember these circumstances).
Latterly, I reinstated the words. There has been zero activity for too long in the Chester dept.
What This Post is For
So, threats about untruths and falsehoods on my part in his voice-mails have forced me to disclose exactly what the issue is; I will demolish Mr Anthony Chester’s claims whilst simultaneously correcting and clarifying some stuff on my part, as I naturally do.
The images and links at the top are just part of it, and the most visible to casual web users. He is falsely claiming copyright for much of our works. It cannot be plainer than that and yet, after many complaints by all of the extant band members and the passage of a large amount of time, he still keeps them there.
n.b. There are other websites where the works are downloadable, for cash or otherwise: spotify, emusic, soundcloud, rhapsody etc – if you’re in the game you’ll know. But the reality of the web is that no-one has had to pay for music if they really don’t want to for over a decade now.
From Mr Anthony Chester’s angry voicemail voice I get that he’s probably a bit pissed off. So fucking what? If he had any empathy then he’d sharpish realise how pissed off everyone (including the dead members) in the band are. He obviously has no empathy.
Raging he was. I may upload the audio here so folks can see both sides of what goes on? But for now, I know how old we all are and the likely physical appearance because of this. I know what I look like, it’s on my website! It matches the view in the mirror most of the time. Apart from the derogatory nickname that Jeff invented for Eddie (Fatso) no-one on this website was ever called “fat” as claimed by Mr Anthony Chester [I had to check using phpAdmin to be sure though! One never knows]. Neither was anyone actually described as “bald”.
So to clarify: the words on this website are as accurate as possible but since I’ve been the main contributor and I’m trying to make sense of ever-distant events it could be my opinion until I know otherwise. I can change my opinion, but on this particular topic there’s no rush yet.
Maybe Mr Anthony Chester is confused? In his voicemail rant he mentioned going on about who played what on what tracks? Maybe he is thinking of the illegally attributed “Danger In Paradise”, which is attributed to Crawling Chaos. It is available here on Amazon, say.
True, many Crawling Chaos members had a hand in it and it has artistic merit (though that is not the point at all), but no-one in Crawling Chaos, who played as Crawling Chaos, would actually attribute it so. No-one. Not one fucking person.
- Maybe it could have been attributed to Danger in Paradise since many tracks are already on the previously released Last Pose, both including the eponymous track anyway?
- Maybe, as many bands do when they collaborate as in say “x feat. y” (so that people are clear about what happened during the work’s creation) it could have been like Danger In Paradise feat. A Truncated Crawling Chaos or Danger In Paradise & Friends or Danger In Paradise collab. Foetus Products & Friends or something like that?
- Maybe it should’ve been called “The Last Pose 2” or “The Last Pose, Resurrection” by Danger in Paradise, my obvious choice?
But no, it was none of that.
And for all those who did play on the tracks (which Mr Anthony Chester angrily voice-mailed saying he could name), where is the fucking money? Less bluster, less false hurt, more actual doing what should have been done in the first place.
Maybe Mr Anthony Chester is angry about these words regarding CC & DIP where I formerly said at the end of the Myths page?
“…but it was not ever Crawling Chaos and to tag the two bands together is plain deceit.”
Not nice, I know. But hopefully, the preceding words clarify the deceit that I see in front of me, and others, though they have not admitted it so here, only to me personally and in emails. I have clarified the sentiment after considering the above words. It’s now politer, and clearer.
And yes, Mr Anthony Chester, for all those downloads, where exactly is the fucking money? Quoting directly from an email from Jeff to me,
I see where you’re coming from believe me, but Anth asked me for my permission to put the LTM re-releases on iTunes and collect the proceeds on behalf of us all yonks ago, so that isn’t devious behaviour to me for what that’s worth. – Jeff Crowe
- Q. So what does it all mean?
- A. Where’s the fucking money?
- It is deceitful to publish works without permission from an artist – e.g Nice & Chester never asked me, or Jeff for that matter.
- It is deceitful to claim copyright where none exists – e.g. Chester’s obvious deceit in the screenshots above
- It is deceitful to attribute works to another artist – i.e Chester attributing his collaborative works (that all who joined were certain was under the DIP moniker) to Crawling Chaos
- It is deceitful to boost one’s own works by false flagging artists without their permission on works – i.e Chester attributing his works to Crawling Chaos
- It is deceitful to withhold payments to artists – i.e. all the download works for which artists performing-as or contributing-to works managed by Mr Anthony Chester
Now in all of this documenting of the band (The) Crawling Chaos, I (sp) have tried to maintain a banter much like the days when the band was extant – not this post though, there’s little banter so pissed off with the bloke am I. Anyway, in banter mode there were a host of nicknames and epithets bandied around, some alcohol fuelled….. For the most of the time I was just called Rees, but stupid cunt happened many times… Knackerdan was another good one. It was the same when Jeff and I were at school – we both got called stuff we didn’t like – I was called twizzle, moustacho, fartin-martin (clever, eh? I even got called that in The Cumberland Arms by some of the coterie, can’t remember who; it does not matter one bit.) &c. Jeff got particularly annoyed when only certain people called him Harry, some he didn’t mind. Funny that. Chester got his nickname from Jeff, baldy.
So fucking what? It’s all part of the Pitmatic Test, Chester being one of the failures.
Mr Anthony Chester seems (IMHO) to have a very thin skin on this point yet still uses this as a blustering pretext for obfuscation of his ongoing deceits, which really, would not take much time to fix on his part.
As I have already said,
- I have created the website from opinions and facts which are compiled from many sources.
- When something changes and I discover otherwise, I change my opinion, or it gets reinforced. This is one essence of Buddhism – the freedom to have an opinion and the freedom to be allowed to change an opinion without chastisement. n.b. an opinion is different to an idea, say like having an idea to create a law to take away poor people’s money is wholly different to having an opinion about taking poor people’s money away.
- I change the website following further information, omissions, typos and yes, correcting some things that are not as clear as they should be.
But one thing I am clear on is that Mr Anthony Chester, IMHO, has not changed, despite his talk of meditation, Buddhism and the like, some years ago by telephone as deflectionary words of appeasement to me.
I advise Mr Anthony Chester not to pull the history thread hanging from the Crawling Chaos t-shirt and quickly fix things at his end – then magically, under The Principle of 3000 realms in a Single Moment, opinions will change and personal irritations will disappear. Maybe his karma will get fixed? I sincerely hope so. Really, I do.
One final thing Chester, don’t call, don’t visit. The contact form on this website will be my only method of dialogue with you until things change. You have no idea how pissed off I am with your petty chest puffing, and auditory dialogue, for now, is right out. Paraphrasing Jeff in his first email to me:
Q: What’s the difference between Mr Anthony Chester and a bucketful of phlegm?
A: The bucket.